Monday, July 27, 2020

I Really Need To Get Out More


     It's been a little over a month since I was last here. I have to say, it's been a slow easy summer. COVID is still with us and it does have a way of regulating a life. I have to admit though, it really hasn't changed my approach to life. I've become pretty laid back and a homebody to boot and I'm good with that. There's nowhere here in town that I want to be, except for my little patch.
     I don't seem to have a lot to write about anymore but this started long before COVID hit us. When you no longer work outside the home, your world starts to become smaller. Michael is my link to the world beyond my driveway. I'm quite comfortable but it may not be a good thing in the foreseeable future. I'm starting to understand about having a circle of friends.

      My life has changed considerably since we moved up here and even more so since I retired. I haven't met anyone that I would consider a close friend. No one that I could turn too in an emergency or just a hug. I need to change this but it means getting out of my comfort zone. And where in Elliot do I find a like-minded person?
     When I first retired I tried to organize every moment of my day. Now, eight years later, I just love the fact that I no longer have to live by a clock. I take each day as it comes and I do whatever I feel like doing. I'm loving it. I also find the same old things that irritated me when I was working, still irritate me now. I hate taking time away from doing what I love, to do mundane things of life. Cleaning, cooking, laundry, and pets. Maybe these are things that are meant to keep us grounded.

     I have a new passion for knitting and crocheting. I just love it. I've whittled away everything else and concentrate on these two. I've gone back to where it all started when I was 16, a span of 50 years. You never stop learning. There's always some new stitch, or pattern to try. Always something new to catch your fancy.

     I've come to appreciate this slow easy life I've created but I really need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment