Monday, October 08, 2018

I Want To Be Fabulous

     Another rain day. This is starting to get monotonous. Mike and I have been trying to get out to the bush for a day but all this rain keeps holding us back. I know we need it. The lakes are all so low because of the drought we had this past summer. Oh well, there's nothing that can be done so I'll have to find something else to occupy my time this afternoon.

     I could throw a load of laundry in and then work on my office for a while. It's the perfect day for it. I've been wanting to get this done but all this rain just makes you lazy. It seems your ambition just washes away with the raindrops. It does sound like the perfect plan though.

     I really can't find much to talk about but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things again. The move blew my routine right out of the water. Oh who am I kidding, I didn't have a routine but I am trying to build one. I know being retired gives you some leeway but I still want to be an active, productive person. I don't want to be the senior who sits all day accomplishing nothing. I don't want to spend hours on the computer wasting precious time. I don't want to be just someone's wife, or mother or grandmother. I want people to remember me for what I achieved.

     I know there are others out there that think I'm grasping at straws.  I should be thankful for what I have. I am grateful for what I have but there's nothing wrong with wanting more if you're willing to work for it. I now have the time to build whatever I can dream and with a little hard work and patience, I'll get there.

    I'm 64 years old and next February I will officially become a senior. I want to bring about something I can be proud of. Something that's all my own. That sounds kind of cheezie but I don't want to be just an ordinary senior, I want to be a spectacular senior. I want my children and my grandchildren to know there's more to life than just growing old. When I'm gone I want others to look at my life and say, "I want to be like just her. I want to be fabulous."


     Now I should go get the laundry done.

5 comments:

  1. I love this post. You can do it! I believe I survived cancer because I never settled for being someone's something. Like you, I have that inner drive to be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Some of my friends just don't understand me at all. Some think I'm selfish wanting more. I just don't believe that we are here to just pay bills, grow old and die. There has to be more and I plan to fight for it every step of the way. Besides, it gives me a reason to get up in the morning.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and your drive! You have things to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I always have things to say but not everyone wants to hear them. I'm okay with that.

      Delete