Friday, June 08, 2018

Time Management For Retirees

     It's Friday. For some of you, this is a reason to celebrate. The week is almost over and you finally get some downtime. As for me, I'm retired and every day is the weekend.

     I never realized I would be this busy as a retiree. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to accomplish everything that needs to be done. I am enjoying myself but I do need to find a way to get some organization in my life. I seem to run from one task to another without getting anything fully completed or I get so immersed in one item that I forget there are other things that have to be done. I'll have to work on this.


     I dread making myself a schedule but I may not have any other choice. I have a few deadlines to meet and it's not happening so I need a plan. Maybe a To-Do-List would work or maybe even a simple timer or maybe use the two together. I do know I need to get back on track.

     One of my biggest problems is this damn computer. I can get lost for hours doing research for my blog, finding new healthy recipes and patterns for crafts for my online store. There are only so many things I can knit or crochet and there only so many meals I can prepare. I definitely need to make some changes.

       I've decided to download a Google app called Personal Web Tracker Pro. It's free from Google. You enter the sites where you spend time. You can set up timers and it lets you know that it's time to move on. It can't hurt and it will help me from getting lost in the redundant material. I'm hoping it will help me stay focused on what needs to be done. I have two summer projects that have to be completed by August. And maybe by then, I'll learn to better use my time.


     Time is precious when you get to this stage of life and I want to make every minute count doing the things I love. I want to spend time with the people I care about. I want to sing, dance and enjoy my life. I want to take advantage of what is supposed to be my golden years. I want to live every moment and I want to make it count.

Just out of curiosity, how do you stay on track and keep organized? Do you have a secret that you could share with those of us who have a hard time staying focused? Please share your ideas below.

2 comments:

  1. I like the sentiment that came through...time is precious. I just wrote lists and then try to accomplish a few things, then I feel better relaxing. Lately I have been so busy I schedule in the relaxing time too.. but it is worth it, it is precious! Good luck with your experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Personal Web Tracker is an amazing little program and it has helped the last few days to spend less time on the computer and more time getting things done. I have started a To-Do-List and it's helping to keep me on track. I allocate a certain amount of time to each activity. If I don't finish the job, it goes back to the top of the list for the next day. I never consider down time as wasted time. That's my time to recoup and zone out.

    ReplyDelete